Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday, October 28, 2013 - Not his regular CCM P-Day!!
 
Looks like Elder Lovett is learning Spanish much better now since he figured out that he needs to work for it!! 
 
Hola mi familia, nesicite saber que aqui es muy fantasico. Yo aprendo la idioma, y la comida es grandioso! Amo esto Evangelio, y estoy muy agradecidoporla Expiacion del Salvador.¿A donde es mi amigos?
 
Yeah the food here is really good.  The cooks try to mix American food with native cuisine as much as possible to ease our way into the culture. A lot of the food is pretty similar to American, we even had bugers and fries yesterday! All the food is just different, and it really is great!
 
Make sure that you tell Becca that I said Happy Birthday.  It doesn´t quite feel like Halloween time because there are pretty much no decorations. Every once in a while you have to tell yourself what time of the year, and day, it is and that you are really in Guatemala.

(Here you go Joe, some Halloween decorations for you!)


Could you do me a favor and take my leaf from the Sacred Grove and laminate it for me?

Joe's leaf from the Sacred Grove in Palmyra NY.  EFY August 2013
 
So mom you were right. We had our class last night on how to be safe and healthy. She went through all the things that could get you sick, or hurt,or killed, simple things like that. We sure all felt great after that class. As it turns out, you do sleep underneath a mosquito net that should cover your entire body. So Mom, good guess, you done good getting me that hat.  (That makes a mother feel REAL good)
 
Tomorrow will be the most exciting day of our entire stay here, and you know what the President is going to allow us to do? We get to go to Wal-Mart! Yes! Who could ask for a better day?
The CCM is definatly difficult, but other than studying, and, well ya know, learning a language, not a whole lot happens here, so when you go write in your journal, p.s. mom I have another one here, it can be a little dificult, but you will always find something from your day. For example I walked out of my room three different nights, and Elders were getting their hair cut.  Boom, in my journal. So yesterday I asked a missionary if I was in their journal, just because, and she told me that I wasn´t, but because I asked, I would be put into her journal tonight. Ha so funny!
 
There is a program online that you can write a letter at dearelder.com where they will print it out in
Provo as a real letter, and they will send it to the CCM, and I tell you that the best thing that could happen is getting a nice physical letter from home!
 
Don´t worry about me. Just remember what a Missionary from Guatemala said ¨Just be smart¨ I am being taught how to do that, and even though it´s not the easiest country in the world to live in, the best thing to do is turn to the gospel and your faith. Look up Deuteronomy 4: 30-31 As long as I am obedient the Lord will help me through.
 
Deuteronomy4:30:31
 
30 When thou art in atribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the blatter days, if thou cturn to the Lord thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;
31 (For the Lord thy God is a amerciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the bcovenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.
 
We´ve got this guys, don´t worry, and thanks for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment