Friday, December 6, 2013

 

December 2, 2013

Elder Lovett Has Arrived In The Guatelama,

Retaluhuleu Mission

Watch Out Tecun Uman!

These past couple of weeks have been really exciting. We all had our last big training In the CCM right before we left.  The next day we got on our little tour bus and were off to Guatemala Retalhuleu! The ride there took maybe three and a half hours, and pretty much the entire time we could see a volcano. I think we saw three or four different volcanos our whole trip here.
 
Finally we arrived at the mission office, where we met President Ruis and his wife Hermana Ruiz. They are such a good couple of people! They are also really smart about missionary work, he really knows his stuff. We met him and the assistants, and the guys who worked in the office, and got "out in field" orientation. Then we ate our very first delicacy meal in the misison from Burger King. That soda, though, let me tell you tasted SO GOOD!.
 

President & Sister Ruis

Every once in a while I think of one of the quirky things you do dad. I never really thought about them before, but now I really miss some of them, especially the one where you sing at the most random parts of the day. Will you please send me a recording of Little Drummer Boy, I love that one for the same reasons as you.
 
I just want to let you konw that you don't have to tell me anymore to stay off of roofs. My companion was one of the three people who actually watched that missionary die. The truth is that there is a long story that goes with it. You don't need to worry because that simple won't happen to me.
 
Anyway. I don't have a lot of time but my "Dad" is Elder Barnes, and my area is Tecun Uman 2.
 
Love you!
Elder Lovett (Joe)
 

Tecun Uman

Tecun Uman (1500? – February 20, 1524) was one of the last rulers of the K'iche' Maya people, in the highlands of what is now Guatemala.
Tecun Uman was declared Guatemala's official national hero on March 22, 1960 and is commemorated on February 20, the popular anniversary of his death
 
 
 
From DadThis week Susan and I received some photos of Elder Lovett's CCM (Centro de Capacitacion Missional) district as well as the whole group of missionaries at the CCM.  There are two of each below, when he arrived and then a couple of weeks later in his stay there.
 

 

October 16, 2013

The day Elder Lovett Arrived in Gutemala City

 
 

October 30, 2013

A couple week into his stay at the CCM

No comments:

Post a Comment