Monday, December 30, 2013

December 23, 2013


I love those pictures!!!!!! That is one of the funiest things that I have seen! Go missionary power!!! Go baptize all of London over there Rachel!

Elder Lovett came to the Formica Family Christmas Dinner, Sunday, December 22, 2013

And Sister Formica joined us as well, all the way from London England

 

It was so much fun having them "with" us at the dinner table!

We had our first baptism this Saturday!! A young 19 year old named Yulma. She was already being taught when I came, it was actually at her house that I had my first lesson with my trainer.  And since I was there when she learned most of everything, I´m taking credit for it:-) She is super cool, and totally knows that the gospel is true. She was even taking notes when we re-taught her the Plan of Salvation.
 
 
Her dad has been listening as well, but was not quite ready to be baptised, and her mom was a hard core catholic, that is until one time she left one of our lessons with a fake headache, and something told her to come back and listen.  So after much debating with herself she came back in. She didn´t like it, but she listened. The next time we came she felt the spirit, she didn´t know it, but she was trying to explain to us the feeling that she felt during our lesson. Last night we left them, Saúl, the dad, and Yulma Sr. the mom, knowing that they would get baptized as well, and all they had to do was pray on what date would be better for them. I´m so stocked for them!!!!!

 

This week the choir that the church put together from Guatemala performed. To be honest, I was excited to bring investigators, and to go to have some fun.  But I heard the people sing here, and I did not have very high expectationes. We started the program, and in total for our zone, we got about 77 references, which is really awesome because we personally got about 17. The choir started to perform and I was blown away! They really did well, it was like a Mormon Tabernacle Choir, a third the size, and not as talented, but really really good! It was so fun!
 
President Ruis even came, and taked to me and my companion personally afterwards. It was a little scary, but I´m glad we did it because I really did feel like he cared for me personally. Since he spent the night in a hotlel and we had our zone meeting the day after, he decided to come and share a message with us. Also there is an Elder that looks like a latino, who is actually from Oregon, and people always think that he learned Spanish first, and that is exactly what the President´s wife did when sharing a message about learning English. She called on him and asked him how he learned English.

So there are three reasons why this is the most powerful mission in the world. I won´t tell you what they are now, but I will soon. President has shared them with us twice now, and now is your time to guess.
 
Thanks for all your prayers support and love. I really enjoy getting these emails every week, and they keep encouraging me to work a little harder. I will see you guys this Christmas!!!! Merry Cristmas to all and to All good Night!! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment